Pages

October 10, 2016

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas *REVIEW*



Oh my……this book knocked me off my feet big time.


I really enjoyed ACOTAR (A Court of Thorns and Roses, the first book in the series for those who don't know) especially the last part when Feyre had to undergo Amarantha’s trials Under The Mountain and I also liked Tamlin as the love interest but it doesn’t come close to how much I loved ACOMAF! It was simply amazing.


(Spoilers ahead)

First of all the further development in SJM’s world building was mind blowing. I can’t think of a fictional place I’d rather visit than Velaris, it sounds so beautiful.
I also loved the little action-packed heists throughout the book and all the new characters. They are all uniquely awesome and I desperately want to become a part of their epic squad. 

The way SJM handled the topic of PTSD is another positive aspect of this novel for me (not that there are any negative ones). Too often this subject is lightly brushed off by fictional characters after everything is over and goes back to normal. But in ACOMAF it was portrayed authentically in my opinion. I think we all agree that a guilty consciousness on top of PTSD can really way you down and only dealing with it and finding a way to overcome and live with it is going to make it better. That’s the first reason why Rhysand is just so much better for Feyre than Tamlin. Because he helps her to deal with her problems whereas Tamlin doesn’t even acknowledge them. I don’t hate Tamlin even though he did some pretty stupid and fucked up things and I hope he can redeem himself in the future but I’m glad I wasn’t too attached to him at the end of ACOTAR so my heart was wide open for Rhysand.


Speaking of Rhys…..where do I start?
In ACOTAR when we got to see more of him Under the Mountain I already started liking him and knew that he couldn’t be all bad and had to have a good reason for the way he acted because in the end he was the only one who really fought for Feyre and against Amarantha. And when we find out what was really going on with him, oh boy…. It was obvious that he loved Feyre but the thing with the bond caught me off guard and it was one of the best parts/plot twists of this book. I can definitely say that Feysand is my new ultimate OTP (next to Tatiana and Alexander). I just love them together and their relationship: how they flirt with each other, how they text when they are apart and how Feyre fell for Rhysand even without knowing about their mating bond. I just can’t…. This moment in the end when I thought for a second that their mating bond was broken my heart crumbled to pieces and when it turned out to be only the bargain bond that was broken my tears of devastation turned into tears of relive and hope. 

Plus Rhys is the hottest creature on earth so my fangirl mode is in overdrive right now. He's just perfect period.

Moving on from my declaration of love for ACOMAF and Feysand, let’s get to the downsides of this.

One) I had the worst book hangover possible from this because I just wanted to dwell on this book for longer. (Update: I’m over it now. The hangover I mean not the love for this book)

Two) The next book doesn’t come out until NEXT YEAR!!! And I don’t know how I will survive it. All the Feels…….

But I want to end this review on a high note so let me tell you: ACOMAF is one of my ultimate favorite books now. Thank you, Sarah J. Maas, for this phenomenal fantasy novel.

Rating: *5/5

Have you read ACOMAF yet? What are your thougts and feelings on it? I would love to talk to you about this master piece so hit the comments and let's have some bookish chats :)

No comments:

Post a Comment